Monday, December 30, 2013

The tradition continues

It's a family tradition that we spend Christmas eve with my in-laws. My mother in-law cooks a feast for all of us and we open all the Christmas gifts. What's most important is that each wrapping paper from opened gifts needs to be thrown all over the living room, just to hear my mother-in-law raising her voice and stating that who does that again will be washing the dishes. Both my in-laws and us were away last year, so it has been a long time since we had such evening.

The house of my mother in-law is completely transformed with all the decorations 

She even has a cute village set up

The gift giving takes a large part of the evening









Eating and drinking covers for the rest of the evening.
The compulsory Christmas turkey which was really juicy and delicous

The caramalised potatoes were really good



Did you notice that my in-laws have the picture of the Dwejra window in Gozo (Malta) in their living room? My Maltese influence is all around!

A cute photo of latest addition to the van Uffelen family.

My fiancee  deserved this kiss!

My nephew who was not very amused at being awake so late in the evening

The night was a success! The morning after it was quite difficult to get up for even more food and gift unwrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...