Monday, November 24, 2014

Where shall I start?

Where shall I start? I'm now a married woman. I cannot even call us newly weds really anymore since it's been nearly 4 months already from the big day.


The wedding day was a wonderful day, hitting all the expected cliches.  It's like the time went faster than usual on the day and in a blink of the eye the day was over. I loved all the details of the day, the hours in which we were all preparing ourselves, seeing my niece playing around in her cute dress and then my sister helping me put my dress on, the ride to the wedding venue with my dad and the flower girls with all the cars honking at us! I think this was the point when it really hit me the importance of it all. I was quite emotional especially when we walked down the aisle, seeing my future husband waiting at the end of it. The ceremony was short and sweet, which was really needed in the warm Maltese summer evening and the party started soon afterwards. The hours passed by like minutes and I enjoyed every tiny detail even the small imperfections that I had been worrying for months about. It was lovely to see all my family and so many friends who flew to Malta just for our wedding.








So much planning happened in the year before that afterwards it felt strange not having to make all the wedding related decisions.

A lot has happened since. We travelled for a whole month in South America and when we came back we packed all our belongings and migrated to Melbourne in Australia. We've now been in Australia for over a month and we're having a great time.

I should be able to post more often now since I have a lot of free time until I start working again. But then again when such a long time passes between entries I feel that there is so much to write about that I feel overwhelmed and just postpone my writing.


6 comments:

  1. ahhh .. finally an update from you cola :) Do keep them coming .. would really love to know more about your new life in Melbourne!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know and I'm long overdue an email to you girls.

      Delete
  2. hope you re enjoying the sunshine. it will get hotter soon... and yet even more later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun Col :). I really enjoyed the people we were placed with on the table also. It was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad about that. It was hard deciding who will sit at which table!

      Delete
  4. Guys!! I shortlisted many weddings venue in Chicago and they all are really very good. I like the interiors of all venues and every venue seemed perfect to me. Can you please help me in finalizing one venue among all?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...