Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The move is done

Yesterday my life was literally packed into boxes. A life which was moved 6kms across The Hague.  It felt somehow sad to see the apartment, my home for more than a year, being emptied. At the same time I was also worried that some piece of furniture or a box full of glassware was going to fall off from the movers lift. Luckily the movers worked hard and didn’t do any damage, if you ignore the speaker which fell from around 1 meter height. In the end though this speaker was delivered all in one piece but we didn’t dare yet to try it out. Overall though I had a huge smile plastered on my face.

By the end of the evening we had unpacked half of our belongings. As the hours of unpacking went by frustration ensued but luckily my great boyfriend was there to help to rummage in boxes in dark rooms to locate my lost bathroom products. Once found, I could take a much needed warm shower, whose immediate relaxation effect was more than welcomed.


Now that the big days of February have just passed, I can look forward to my birthday just 9 days ahead. And even though 30 doesn’t sound great at all *come on who wants to turn 30, really, and leave the amazing twenties behind?!*, I always look forward to my birthday like I did when I was a child.

[Image Credits: Staff Room Project]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...