Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lost in translation

I have now started my new job and am being asked a question which is quite a dilemma to answer. The question is:
“Do you prefer/want me to speak to you in Dutch or in English?”
Now I surely prefer to speak in English (or if really possible Maltese) but I also know that the only way to improve my Dutch is to get into it, start speaking it and get spoken to in it.

My answer varied, to some I said Dutch, to others English. I guess I want to try speaking the language more often but I also want to understand completely what is happening around me and that isn’t always the case when people speak Dutch!


Tot de volgende keer
(you see I’m trying)

If you are feeling a bit peckish check out this baked rice recipe

[Image Credits: Pinterest (Turkooseja Unelmia)]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...