Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sharing a home

Two years ago was the day my boyfriend and me started living together. It was a first time experience for both of us. I was excited, full of love and also scared not knowing if what we had will survuve the day to day mundanity of life. But it did and I still love the decision we made to share a home together.

After 2 years, even though I'm surely not an expert I think I now can say that somethings help to make your life easier and less stressful once you start living together. Here's a few tips:
  • Compromise. The choices are now not all yours, you have to be willing to give in sometimes and allow that horrendous piece of furniture :)
  • Give yourselves time for yourself. Just because you're now living together doesn't mean that you have to spend every minute together. Some time apart is healthy.
  • Share the house work. Seeing that most couples are working full time it just makes sense to divide the work between the 2 of you.
  • Don't go to bed angry. If you had a fight try to talk about it before going to sleep.
  • Try and have a date night once in a while. Just because you're sitting on the same sofa each and every night doesn't mean you're actually spending quality time together.
[Image Source: http://pinterest.com/pin/331961488/]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...