After 2 years, even though I'm surely not an expert I think I now can say that somethings help to make your life easier and less stressful once you start living together. Here's a few tips:
- Compromise. The choices are now not all yours, you have to be willing to give in sometimes and allow that horrendous piece of furniture :)
- Give yourselves time for yourself. Just because you're now living together doesn't mean that you have to spend every minute together. Some time apart is healthy.
- Share the house work. Seeing that most couples are working full time it just makes sense to divide the work between the 2 of you.
- Don't go to bed angry. If you had a fight try to talk about it before going to sleep.
- Try and have a date night once in a while. Just because you're sitting on the same sofa each and every night doesn't mean you're actually spending quality time together.