Monday, October 8, 2012

In sickness and in health

A week ago, just before my cousin's wedding,  I started feeling uncomfortable. My apetetite dissapeared and my head started hurting. Seeing that I was the witness for the wedding I decide to take a nap and luckily I felt pretty good afterwards.

Little did I know that less than 8 hours later I would be very sick.  The next 2 days were spent sans food, fever and general exhaustion. My timing was perfect for the wedding, but horrible for the flight back home. In fact for the first time in my life I didn't make it for my flight and had to spend an extra couple of days in lovely Malta. 

That did mean I got to spent more time with my niece, who I don't get to see very often.

When back at work I discovered that 5 people had been sick with gastric flu. And I kind of managed to find patient zero.  Maybe I should direct my travel insurance to him!

Even though I was sick during my stay in Malta I still had a great time. Got to meet most of my family (from one side at least) and just had a blast of a time. Here's some pictures.

The beaches were lovely and not busy.
My family.

My niece was enjoying all the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...