Monday, October 22, 2012

My weekends throughout a decade

Yesterday while trying to wake up from a whole day daze due to a late night in, I noticed that in the last decade my weekends really changed in form.

Ten years ago I was a computer science student at University. My weekends started at Paceville (a young people's night life town in Malta) clubbing. Saturday mornings were spent studying but the evenings were just a bit more of the same, clubbing until the end of the night. Sundays were a different story - I used to wake-up in time for lunch with the family, watch TV and maybe study a bit more. Basically not going out clubbing on a weekend was something that nearly brought tears to my eyes!


Five years ago I was a young single professional living in Amsterdam. Weekends were spent shopping, watching movies at the cinema and eating out. Going out clubbing still happened but I did spend more time in lounge bars and if I skipped a few weekends it didn't feel like it was the end of the world.

Now things are a bit different. I don't want to make this sound like a cliche but writing this entry makes it clearer that I am maturing and my needs and wants have changed. My weekends are still very similar to those of 5 years ago but instead of clubbing I usually have dinners with friends/family at home. It seems that whenever I have a late night now the day after I'm just tired all day long.

I'm curious to see how my weekends will change in the future. Most probably even more time will be spent at home especially when there are mini-me's in the picture!

[Image Source: Becca Levy @ Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...