Sunday, July 4, 2010

While the cat is away, the mice come out to play

The man of the house is away for the week. He's currently hiking a glacier on the Italian Alps. It sounds difficult and it is actually quite difficult. I do hike with him sometimes but I can only manage a number of kilometres on flat ground. On the other hand they will be doing hours of hiking going up and down on snowy mountains!


In the meantime the apartment feels quiet and empty. This means I have more free time on my hands, so I decided to catch up with my girl friends in Amsterdam.  A planned picnic turned into drinks and dinner due to rain.  I did say we are having tropical weather, it's still quite hot but we also had rain and thunder yesterday. We decided to go for a Teppanyaki dinner. Eating Teppanyaki involves having dishes of meat, fish of vegetables that is fried in a cast-iron griddle over a heat source placed next to the dining table. It was my first time eating this type of food and it was an enjoyable experience. Seeing the cook preparing the food directly in front of uswith such precise technique is pretty impressive.

Nippon is the restaurant we went to and is located in the center of Amsterdam, on Reguliersdwarsstraat. The service was of high standard and the food was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...